The May long weekend is upon us. That dreadful time of year when Leith abandons me and his offspring to go do boy things in the mountains beyond cell coverage. Ah, bliss. After a 3-way tantrum, both girls are fast asleep over the dinner hour (yay, 11pm bedtimes!!), and I am soaking up the sun on our porch and catching up on my celebrity gossip.
And blogging. You know, productive stuff. Like lists!!
List #13: Things that make me cry
- TV shows
- Constipated kids
- Sad news
- Happy news
- Sappy movies
- TV commercials
- At weddings (but oddly, not at funerals…I feel like I should be stronger for the family)
- Songs on the radio
- Being tired
- Being overwhelmed
- Being stressed
- Being mad
- Being happy
- Watching my girls sleep
- Watching my girls dance
- When my students break through a barrier
- When my grandparents leave to go back home
- When friends band together to pick me up
- While reading books I’ve read a million times, yet hope that the pages somehow change the ending…
List #14: In my dream garden
- About 2.5 yards of new garden mix (hopefully next week!)
- No icky bugs or destructive bugs – just nice, helpful, pretty bugs
- Fairy houses and toadstools
- An absence of weeds, including encroaching wild rose bushes and poplar trees!
- Lush, green lawn with no anthills or dead patches
- A garden swing that doesn’t collect cobwebs
- Wattle fences around some of the beds
- An enclosed vegetable bed, with a fence high enough keep out the deer!
- Stepping stone pathways, and chickens running freely
- A bathouse or seven, to keep the mosquitoes away!
- A huge lilac bush and a weeping willow
- And NO ICKY BUGS!!
My goal for the weekend is to work up my raised bed and dig up the bed under my front window. I have a ton of bulbs and roots to plant that I bought from a school fundraiser, and they NEED to get in the ground! Hopefully I’ll have my new (live!) dirt on Monday if all goes according to my master plan.
What are you up to for this beautiful long weekend?