Ugh, I’m tired
_uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;
1. Have you ever worn hand-me-downs? Who did you get them from?
Many times, from many people. Some of them were maternity clothes. Some have been regular clothes, borrowed and never returned…
2. Have you ever given hand-me-downs? Who do you give them to?
I go through my closet/dresser every couple years and pare down mercilessly…and then 2 weeks later, I need something I gave away! I also got rid of ALLLL my maternity clothes by giving them to expectant friends. I have a huge box of used baby clothes to take to the 2nd hand shop soon.
3. How do you feel about hand-me-downs in general? Do you like the idea of recycling things, or does it bother you to have something used?
I think it’s a good idea. I’d rather get money for them, or give them to a friend but sometimes I’m too lazy and they end up at Goodwill… If things are new and in good shape, I don’t mind having hand-me-downs, especially for furniture!
4. Do you ever visit yard/garage/junk/tag sales?
Not really. Same reason I don’t shop at 2nd hand stores. If it’s from people I know, I don’t mind, but I don’t like items from strangers. It skeeves me out.
Plus, garage-salers scare the sh*t out of me!! They are a breed unto themselves!!
5. If given $25,000 to buy furniture and decorate your home, would you buy new or antique? Why?
New, new, new!! Why buy old, unless it matches the style of your home?? I want a new kitchen table and new living room set! And a 40″ LCD TV (okay, Leith wants that, so I thought I’d give him a shout-out!)
I’ll be busy with 2 photo shoots this weekend!!