Life is looking SO good! _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Life has been … chaotic. Yes, I think that chaotic describes in nicely _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
- I took an incredible course from Fusion Fitness Training this past weekend
- I found out that I only need to submit my CE credits, take a CPR course and pay a late fee to reinstate my AFLCA certification – no exam necessary!!
- My H.A.W.T. Momma program is half-full!! Wouldn’t it be cool if we needed to add another class??
- Leith has been getting lots of overtime and truck mileage lately, which has added to my stress but made my bank account very happy
- I finally submitted my lululemon R&D team application so that I can enjoy 15% off!
- I found awesome Danskin runners for $9 at Wal-Mart
- I finally had my eyes checked again, and yes my prescription has changed. I ordered new glasses, so hopefully we can say bye-bye to headaches!
- I also ordered almost $200 worth of promotional material for H.A.W.T. Momma from Vistaprint, but only paid $50! Love them
- My body is feeling great from all this dance, and despite feeling stressed by my kids, I am feeling fantastic, positive and happy
- The bugz are potty- trained at home and at the sitters. I’m still using diapers when we are out and about and at night
…you’re just so lucky to marry an incredible man, who in turn becomes an incredible father. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Outside my window … it is grey and cloudy on this Thursday morning. We’ve had so much rain, but when it’s been hot, it’s been very hot! It’s also been really humid and hazy the last few days, so I am happy for the cool morning
So what’s been going on over here, with all this “HAWT Momma” this and “dance classes” that? _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
- It makes my heart sing. Dance is who I have been for most of my life. It’s what I know and what I love. To try to live without it was a silly decision, and I suffered because of it.
- I am in a supportive, encouraging environment with a focus on mutual success and celebration. We all grow in that situation!
- I get to share my love with people who thought they could never “be” a dancer – dance is cultural, and that is something that has been lost in Western culture. To be a part of bringing it back to everyday life is amazing!
- It is good for my body. For 18 months, I have struggled to find a balance that allows my movement-craving body to actually move! This is what we call balance
- It allows me to bring my bugz to work when I need to, and to immerse them in the environment that I want them to grow up in – positive self-image, love of movement, creativity! Plus, it really cuts down on childcare costs
- It’s a steady, dependable paycheque when we really need it. What can I say? I was falling behind, spending money on things like childcare and gas but not making enough to cover that, let alone pay the bills that our second income requires. I don’t mean to be blunt or negative, but it caused a lot of stress for our family, which took the focus off building my business, which resulted in a vicious cycle of stress and anxiety. Not fun
- Why not??
A few weeks ago, Hethr gave me a Versatile Blogger award. Here goes! _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
1. I have been trained on the piano, saxophone and flute. Band geek alert!! And you know what?? It was some of the best years of my life Thank you
Kim, Miss Brennan!
2. I suffered from post-partum depression and anxiety but I was too stubborn and proud to admit it. It cost me a lot, including a very close friendship and nearly my marriage. Fortunately, I’ve smartened up and learned to take care of myself.
3. Here is a sneak peek of a little project I am developing for this fall:
I won’t lie – I am very excited about realizing a long-time goal of mine! (I kind of want to make Miss Sheryl proud after all these years too)
4. Sometimes when I’m feeling petty about all the laundry I have, I will fold one of Leith’s newer white socks with one that’s getting old and ratty. I have no idea if he notices, and it’s nothing against him personally, but it kind of makes me feel better…
5. Despite my sunny blog, I have a really short temper, a trucker’s mouth and am easily irritated. Unfortunately, my kids are usually at the receiving end of my rants … poor monkeys. The good thing is that I’ve gotten a lot better than I used to be! But please don’t be offended when one of my 2-year olds drops something and mutters, “Oh S#!t”
6. I live for simplicity. I get easily overwhelmed by life, so the simpler the better. I would never want a huge house for that reason. Cozy and intimate is much better for me, which I think is why I love our little acreage home and my minivan!
7. For being such a health-minded person, I’ve really let my fitness go. I actually weigh what I did 3 weeks postpartum right now. Yuck. That is one of the reasons I am so excited to be teaching dance again – force-fed fitness for me!! Yay!!
Now for the tagging. I don’t have 15 personal blogs that I can think of to name, so I’ll go as far as I can and hope that other people nominate themselves!
Bright and early, up again – ready to have another great day! We got SO much accomplished out here in the middle of nowhere yesterday The walls are finally painted, I had a great meeting with Reanna about teaching classes in St Albert, and I topped everything off with an awesome Salsa Burn class with Kasha! The bugz have been incredibly well-behaved (finally!!!!) and I hope the trend continues today. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Well, well, well! It’s been a busy week, judging by my lack of posts! _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
_uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Outside my window … the grey stillness of the morning. It rained last night, and after a parching week in Vegas, I am head-over-heels in love with the quiet cool. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();