1. Who are you?
If you don’t already know that, I am Meaghan the Great, blogger of all wonders, creator of all things amazing.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I have an annoying bit of OCD, coupled with a smidge of Type-A tendency, melted with control issues. It makes me zany, witty and fun.
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
I am blogging, dancing, preaching wellness, loving my family (or tolerating them, depending on the day), and trying to make the world a better place
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
I loved English, History, Psychology, Biomechanics, Anatomy … you name it. The only thing I didn’t like was small-town-school gym class, and Physics 30.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
My biggest goal for 2011 is to make this year amazing. It will be the year that HAWT Fitness explodes, that the world begins to fully comprehend my amazingness, and that I finally get my financial situation under control
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
Geographically, I want to be right here. Personally, I want to continue on this track that I am on and see where it leads me.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
I am in the married-with-kids stage, the my-kids-are-big-enough-to-ditch-the-minivan stage, and the I-can-finally-go-back-to-work-without-guilt stage!!
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
I am more child-like; I am learning to appreciate the personality traits of children, like their awe for the world around them, and simplicity in deciding what they want.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“I’m blogging and answering questions, and doing things that I don’t have time to do during the week; why were you looking at quads on Kijiji for 2 hours?”
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
Wow. It’s hard to think of… I think that The River by Garth Brooks sums it up pretty well, although Lady Gaga’s new single, Born This Way, is a bit of an anthem I am digging.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
I did! My childhood best friend, Sarah, and I took a community recreation one together when I was in grade 6. I was terrified of being “hit”. I didn’t enjoy myself.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
My life has been an incredible roller coaster for several years now. I can finally say that it is on the upswing though. Despite many, many setbacks each year, we end up ahead of ourselves each time. I think a lot of it has to do with the belief that we will only be given as much as we can handle, and that which does not kill us will make us stronger. It’s also a big faith in the universe to provide for us.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
It doesn’t heal all of them, but it does make them easier to bear.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
I’d love to handle it by sleeping in bed all day … most days though, I just have to put on my big girl panties and know that the sun will come out tomorrow (or next week!).
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
I’ve never lost my luggage, but I would say that one is worse! I untangle the holiday lights every year, and I’ve learned that the outcome is totally in my control. Luggage is one of those things you have to throw into the unknown and hope for the best…
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Pretty good, I’d say. They raised me well, and though we butt heads, I know that they will be there when I need them.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
I try to be, but my life whirls around me sometimes and I get caught up in the moment or the future. I don’t know what is going on in The World, but I try to keep my life simple by focusing on the things that are most important to me. The rest can wait.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
That thoughts become things, so choose good ones. A lot of people don’t buy into that, but I have experienced firsthand the power of thought changing my life. It is a very powerful truth.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be anything I could be: a neurosurgeon, a veterinarian, a teacher, a dancer, a dance teacher, a professional equestrian… you name it. My parents were huge supporters, encouraging me that I could be anything that I chose to be.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
Yes. And I am so grateful for it.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I love to give, but I often end up being more of a taker due to my, ahem, control issues. But I often get so caught up in giving that I neglect myself as well. It really depends on what is being given and/or taken.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I try to act with my heart as much as possible. I have a very open mind, but I am also very opinionated. Although heart-first decisions are often difficult to muddle through at first, I’ve always found that they lead to true happiness in the end.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
I would joke and say IMS treatments rank in the Top 3. Pain memories have this sneaky way of fading over time, so my other Top 2 would be rolling the quad on myself and recovering from my c-section.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
That may very well be the hardest thing to recall. I have had a lot of painful things happen, and they all hurt equally deeply. I think the hardest was leaving my premature babies at the hospital, feeling as though it was all my fault that we were separated, and the months of agony and guilt I felt over their birth.
25. Who have you hugged today?
My husband and my sweet bugz
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
I’ve had wonderful facebook comments from my friends, and spent time with my family. Pretty good, hey?
27. Do you have a lot to learn?Yup, otherwise I’d be dead
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A - knitting amazingly well
B - speak French, Italian and Spanish
C - running marathons
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
What people say. I still remember a boy in my grade 4 class telling me I had sleep in the corner of my eye. I remember the embarrassment, but only after I remember the words.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Love, honesty and equal communication
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A - visit Europe and Hawaii
B - have grandchildren
C - own a miniature fainting goat
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A – lose my children
B - eat mushrooms
C - listen to Justin Beiber
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
I believe in wellness. I will support anything that leads to personal wellness in others, rather than aesthetic quests for perfection.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
The 1920′s: Chicago and gin
30′s: tin cans and dust
40′s: hope and victory
50′s: a simpler world, with clearer lines and expectations
60′s: the beginning of upset, dissatisfaction and unrest with simplicity
70′s: confusion, the gangly teenaged years of evolution
80′s: excessiveness and harm
90′s: the beginnings of awareness, creation
2000s: an awakening, but also a fight and division of sides
2010′s: an establishment of cause
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
I have always felt that I belonged in the late 1950′s/early 1960′s. I feel such a strong affinity to the era; although there was a lot of suffocation in gender roles, I find the clarity of expectations refreshing. 2011 is a hard time to live. We have too many choices to make every day. Plus, I adore the fashion, architecture and design of that era!!
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
I love anything by Phil Collins and Genesis. That is the music of my childhood, and will always remind me of a simpler life.
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
I live in Canada, which is the greatest place in the world. Stephen Harper is our PM right now.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Less money on stupid things, more money for proactive/preventative causes and education. And I don’t mind paying high taxes, as long as you send me money every year
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
We haven’t had cable TV for 2 1/2 years, but I love to watch Degrassi reruns. It can be any of the three series.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
If I was going to play a villain, I’d want to play Cruella de Vil, even though I love puppies. If I had to be a villain, I’d need to be Chef Louis from the Little Mermaid, because I love to chop and to serve leetle fish!
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
I was in Brownies and Girl Guides for the full six years. I loved it, but was embarrassed because it wasn’t “cool”. Looking back, I am so glad my parents kept me in it
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
I would much rather fly. I am too impatient to sail. If the purpose was a cruise, I’d be happy on a boat. But if the purpose is transportation, get me there now.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
It has to do with the reflection (refraction??) of light through the atmosphere, etc. etc., but honestly I think it is because we need bright motivation during the day and peaceful reflection at night.
43. What does your name mean?
My name means Great and Mighty (true story!), and it is the reason that I cannot ever give up. I am meant to do great things in my life.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
I would rather explore the oceans. There is so much in our own backyards that we need to appreciate before we start looking for more.
45. Word association: What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
White: elephant (??)
Clash: of the Titans (again…what??)
Pulp: Fiction (okay, that makes sense because I was on the Blockbuster website this morning, and there is a Pulp Fiction DVD coming out this week or something…)
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
Truly? Laura Ingalls Wilder, just because she shaped so much of my free time and imagination as a child.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
I would love to have dinner with Eckhart Tolle. His book, A New Earth, changed my life.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
There are movies I can watch again and again, but none that I would watch every day. I loved Julie and Julia, The Notebook, Centre Stage, Chicago…
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
My iPhone with an unlimited battery!! Yay for Solitaire and facebook
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved?
I don’t think I’ve ever saved anyone’s life in a literal sense. I hope that someone out there knows that I love them enough to keep them going through all the good and bad. I’ve had my life saved by my husband’s persistence at the hospital after my c-section.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words…
Fruitgoogle: eating froot loops while online
Ambytime: running around the house, chasing cackling children
Asscactus: when your underpants feel prickly
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
My super-sweet art project!!
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My rag doll, Laura. She has no hands, and has had 3 sets of hair and 2 “facelifts”.
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
Just one that is used, but 2 more in storage.
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Sit on our deck and drink coffee at 7am when it’s already +20 in the summertime!!
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
It’s still neat
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
Kind of. I had a horrible nightmare about dinosaurs when I was 4 or 5, and the house that it happened in was the house that we later moved to in Airdrie. We lived in Ottawa at the time.
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
I’ve had my palm read a few times. They’re always good about knowing my past, but never my future. I was supposed to have a boy and a girl…
59. What is your idea of paradise?
The entire set of Lost, but on the side with the houses
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
I do. I cannot believe that everything happened/happens spontaneously. That being said, I have a hard time conforming to religions. I definitely fall into the common beliefs of Judaism/Christianity/Islam, but cannot commit to one set of ideologies. I think that God is good, like a parent: you may not feel it’s right at the time, and it may hurt and make you mad, but your parents have always had your future in mind, not just the moment. Everything happens for a reason.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
No, but I believe in retribution and karma.
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven’t?
No one else has lived the moments in my life that have defined me. And no one else came up with the awesomeness that is H.A.W.T. Mama in the middle of a restless sleep one night!
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
I would hope that there are many kind things that I have done.
64. Are you a patient person?
65. What holiday should exist but doesn’t?
Twin Moms Deserve Semi-Annual Free Spa Days
66. What holiday shouldn’t exist but does?
Valentine’s Day…Boxing Day…secular Easter…
67. What’s the best joke you ever heard?
How do you turn your wife into a snowblower? Hand her a shovel. LOL!
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
#1: Disneyworld. #2: Las Vegas
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
Very much dyed.
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I am a fairly open book, but I definitely have my secrets.
71. What is under your bed right now?
Our Roman blinds that Leith broke while taking them down, a lot of dust bunnies and some spare socks.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
I would absolutely go home. I watched the Wizard of Oz a little while ago, and it was freaky. Like, Alice in Wonderland freaky!
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
I do, but I am getting better. After my ticket, I rarely speed on Campsite Road anymore!!!
74. What is the world’s best song to dance to?
Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson. But only if it’s muddy and raining and you have an awesome 2-stepping partner
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
I can’t remember the last time I partner-danced with someone! That is so sad…
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
I love Disney, even though I have some serious issues with their hidden agendas…
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
I am. I really am. But I am much more into real-life romance that Hollywood expectations.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
No, because we would probably all be dead.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
I love dance and movement. I’d sell my husband. HA! Just kidding…although he’d better hope it never comes down to that!
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
I think we could all stand to lose the right to confuse “rights” with “privilege”…and perhaps lose the right to a comfortable experience in prison. I’m all for rehabilitating, but I am very much against creature comforts like television and hot meals.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
Equator, hands down. Give me the heat!!!
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
Well, since I don’t watch television….
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Being fallible and acting anyway.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
As much as I dislike The Simpsons, I think you can count yourself successful if you get to play yourself on it!!
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
Mushrooms and confrontation.
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
I paid my bills this morning. Yay.
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
A clipper, but not a user…
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
Do huge amounts of real cheques count? Because then, yes!
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class…dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
Dancing, obviously…but sailing would be neat too.
91. In Star Trek people ‘beam’ back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person’s memories. So…
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
Duh. Of course. I’m sure they thought of that, or it wouldn’t be ethical to use.
92. What insects are you afraid of?
Spiders aren’t insects, but they count.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
I am HAWT.
94. What’s the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
Potatoes! With cheese, and cream and bacon. With more bacon and more cheese!!!
96. What are your parents interested in?
My kids. My dad likes taking pictures of birds and my mom makes pretty jewellery.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
I used to always collect caterpillars and ladybugs in yogurt containers, with grass.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
Wishes. I can plan, as long as I have the wish in the first place.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
When I am doing something I love and impacting those around me.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
A flashlight, a sleeping bag and a 20′ trailer.