Dear Lord, please forgive me for the post I am about to pour out. Please do not let it turn into Formula-gate 2.0. Please let me speak my mind freely and openly, and let my readers (new and old) realize that this is NOT a breast-vs-bottle debate. Amen. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
…a new blog post! _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Outside my window … the skies are grey, and have been all day. It’s a welcome sight, both refreshing for the mind and body. Our province needs it, and my soul needs it after a dusty, tiring, incredible week _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
|I think Bailey liked swimming this weekend|
I have hauled more garbage bags than I’ve ever touched in my life. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
|These men filled a mid-sized UHaul in Edson, drove it to us, unloaded it, and then spent hours sorting in the hall for us. THANK YOU!!!!!|
http://www.facebook.com/v/10150628639370417 _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
SUPER AWESOME UPDATE: As of noon, my vehicle is full, Athena’s backseat is full, and the studio lobby is getting tight. THANK YOU SO MUCH
The social media universe is an incredible place to be. A short Twitter conversation with some friends about the Slave Lake fires last night has morphed into a city-wide donation collection effort in just over 12 hours. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Then I separated the colours into groups of 3 complimentary colours. Think light blue/dark blue/green, or purple/pink/red. I broke the groups of crayons into smaller pieces and arranged them in a mini muffin tin. Each space fit 3 broken crayons:
Once all the crayons were peeled, sorted and broken, I doused them all in a hearty coating of silver glitter. The original instructions don’t have this crucial step; however, if you are going to a princess-rainbow-kitty-cat birthday party, glitter is a must.
Plus, glitter makes them Ke$ha crayons and coats your entire existence in the stuff, so it’s worth mentioning…
Anyway…then I put them in a 275 C oven for 12 minutes. The instructions were 10-13 minutes, so I left them for 10 minutes and then watched like a hawk for another 2 minutes.
They came out swirly and melty as predicted!
I loved how the same colour combinations created different colour swirls within each space:
Then I cooled the muffin tin crayons in the tin for about 30 minutes, and then popped them in the freezer for another hour. When I took them out and over-turned the pan, they fell right out! And voila! Rainbow-glitter crayons for the birthday girl!!
_uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Yesterday I killed the interwebz. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
I’m sitting in my sunny living room at 11:15am on a Monday morning. By all other means, I should be at work right now, but there’s a virus circulating through our day home and my girls are still a bit sick themselves. I opted to avoid sharing more germs – we’ve had our fair share lately, and so have they! _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
- For my Mom, on Mother’s Day…for all she has taught me, protected me, grown me and loved me. Thank you so much xoxo
- For my bugz, for making me a mother
- For Bailey, whose soft and fuzzy ears bring a speck of calm into my chaos
- For Leith, who is so homesick for his girls but keeps on working to keep us warm and fed
- For my mother-in-law, who has helped me by looking after my bugz while Leith is gone
- For Auntie Sherrie, who saved Leith’s azz by getting the bugz potted mums to give me for Mother’s Day (thanks hun!!)
- For the lure of the garden centre at Wal-Mart, which netted me a blueberry bush, asparagus plant, 4 clematis plants and a strawberry hanging basket for $70!
- For this beautiful, sun-shining weather that has finally melted all the snow and allowed the melt water to soak into the ground a little more
- For the rain showers that washed away the snow mold
- For fresh tea every day…although I’ve hardly had any coffee this week
- For the chance to rest and recover from the worst cold I’ve had in 3 years (the fatigue was unbelievable!)
- For Sherrie’s mad tweezer skillz, taking out my infected nose piercing with finesse
- Did I mention Bailey? Oh my gosh, she’s so sweet
- For Lemon Blueberry Pancakes. If you love your mom, you’ll make these for her!!
_uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();