Oh, who are we kidding? This post is two weeks late But what a fitting post for my 900th post! A reflection of the beautiful gifts in my life:
My journalling fell to the wayside in the past two weeks; it was a few bursts of huge gratitude instead of my daily three. But gratitude is gratitude, in all its forms, and the past two weeks are proof that I have an abundance of gifts in my simple life:
167. Smiles and giggles and tornadoes of blonde curls racing
168. Time to wash the floors
169. Letting them stay up when Daddy is working late
170. Birthday parties for other kids, and their excitement!
171. Fresh fallen snow; big fat spring snowflakes
172. Homemade tortillas
173. Automatic bill payments
174. Telling stories late in the evening, having special time with just me and C-boo
175. Hearing her say, “I love you, Mom”
176. Support from friends when I’m worried
177. Airport websites to check on arrivals
178. Safe and timely arrivals on icy roads
179. A parking spot close to the stairs
180. Smooth endoscopies for both bugz, with no complications
181. Incredible, amazing nurses at the Stollery Children’s Hospital
182. A nap on the couch
183. Dancers dancing, listening, and learning
184. Getting to talk to my mom, my dad, AND my gramma, all in one day!
185. Better listening skills
186. Making real (not instant!) rice, and having it turn out!!
187. Surviving 8 hours without internet…choosing to be present instead
188. Water colours in the snow
189. Lunch with my dad
190. Gluten-free hamburger buns and colourful drinks
191. Finding cake toppers the day before their birthday – phew!
192. How excited they are about turning four – that they are “getting bigger!!”
193. Turning the radio down to listen to them play in the back seat
194. Four years as a family
195. Support from him, always, in all ways
196. Having my Gramma to call
197. Quick confirmation of celiac for both bugz, and a super quick referral to the dietician!
198. Beautiful birthday portraits of my bugz
199. An inspiring weekend
200. New challenges to overcome, learn about, and the strength to know that there is nothing we can’t do as a family!
201. Laughing off the gluten-free conversion failures
202. Sunshine and spring temperatures after a very short winter
203. Water running through the rain gutters
204. Their incredible joy at seeing their seeds start to sprout
205. Trading winter boots for rubber boots
206. Resources written, spoken, and online
207. E-books in my purse
208. Hearing them explain themselves first, instead of whining: “Mommy, I’m tired, and it’s making me grumpy!!”
209. Cooking in my sunny kitchen!
210. Lazy afternoons in the kids’ section of the bookstore, reading in the giant teacup
211. Leaping chiweenies…laughter in the darkest moments
212. A documentary waiting on the PVR
213. Seeing my whole world reflected in my rearview mirror
214. Black dirt in the garden, instead of snow…!
215. Salty, crunchy homemade kale chips, hot from the oven
What gifts are filling your life today?