I am STRESSED RIGHT NOW!! Holy cow. Our empty duplex has been for sale for 4 weeks, and I am freaking out a little. Since I like to make lists to soothe my stress, I thought I’d spend the morning catching up on my listography! I’ve skipped one of the lists in the past couple of months, since I don’t have a son, and then just ended up distracted and not blogging! So here goes:
List #10: In my dream home:
Truth be told, I love our house. I’d love it more with a few upgrades, and maybe some baseboards. But if I was going to go all-out, here’s what I’d be sure to add:
- First and foremost, a housekeeper. Someone to cook and clean, shop for groceries, do my laundry (and actually put it away), tidy up, file my paperwork…and rub my feet. They do that, right?
- A laundry chute. This was THE SELLING FEATURE at The Acreage, and I can’t imagine another house without one. Even if the laundry is on the same floor, I want a magic transportation tube for it.
- Central vac with the baseboard suction hole thingies for sweeping. Magic. Pure magic.
- A garbage disposal. I miss scraping plates into the sink.
- A master ensuite with a big bathtub and walk-in shower, and (more importantly) water that smells really nice.
- A bigger closet. Not a walk-in closet…just a bigger closet in every room with built-in shelves and drawers.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows in my living room. We already kind of have that…but I want MOAR!!!
- A walk-out patio from my master bedroom
- A new deck, with a hot tub that is sheltered but open. Like a pergola, but no spiders living in the corners.
- A slightly bigger kitchen with a gas range/big hood vent, and room for an island. If we could transpose my mom’s kitchen layout into my house, it would be perfect. I love my current kitchen style though.
- Equal-sized bedrooms for my girls.
- A finished basement that walks out to our fire pit, doesn’t smell like cat pee, and has a guest bedroom suite PLUS an office (rather than crammed into the same room…)
- A broom closet. A cleaning closet. Some kind of storage space on the main floor for the vacuum that isn’t just my hallway.
- A non-cave-like laundry room. Something with sunlight.
List #11: Best Blog Posts I’ve Written
This is really hard. I have to give up a little modesty and admit that some of my posts were pretty decent, whether from my own feelings, conversations generated, or traffic.
- The one about formula for moms. Oops.
- Bikram vs Moksha. Who knew I’d become a Google first-pager?
- Running…naked running…barefoot running!
- What not to do on the internet – LOL!
- Fighting with my birth control
- Finding my groove…and reigniting a dream
- Birthday letters to my girls
Surprisingly? Nothing about coconut oil. Hmm.
List #12: What I love about spring
I love spring. This year, it would appear we are skipping spring. So, this is more or less a list of what I can vaguely remember about this mythical “spring” season:
- Longer days!! Coming out of class at 9pm to daylight! Wheee!!
- Snow melting into puddles, splashing in those puddles
- Walking to the mailbox each day
- The first backyard fire of the year
- The smell of sunshine in my girls’ hair at bedtime
- Walking the chiweenie, without having to carry her because she’s cold
- Planning my garden, and turning up the soil once it’s thawed
- The dance season wrap-up, complete with dance festivals and fun days
- Opening up the windows, and sleeping with fresh air in the room!
- The first rain showers, and the first thunderstorms of the year!
- That first hint of green washing through the trees
- Pussy willows
- Running outside
Now, with that taken care of, it’s time for me to go and do my duplex-selling dance with C-boo so that we can get rid of all this stress! Wish us luck!!