I am wide awake at 1am, which hasn’t happened in awhile… I am really dehydrated, which is a bad-Meaghan move, and when I get dehydrated, I sleep poorly. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
You all know Constance: _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
After a restless and fitful sleep last night, I am SO happy to be off today. I am so happy to lounge in my pyjamas and drink coffee while my bugz play in the basement. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
- Getting to call the Canada Revenue Agency, speak to a real person and have my issue resolved in under 5 minutes – no waiting on hold at all!!
- Running ahead of time on Tuesday, meaning that Liesa and I could treat ourselves to Starbucks on the way to work
- Getting a cheque in the mail from our health insurance provider, reimbursing our physiotherapy bill! And having another batch of receipts to send off!! Ledcor has an incredible benefits package, I tell ya.
- Inspirational comments on my posts about self-esteem and inner beauty Thank you for sharing, lovely readers!
- Turning the radio off to listen to C-boo tell me stories
- Leith playing house-husband and making chicken and spinach-stuffed dinner rolls from scratch, as well as peanut butter-filled chocolate cookies!
- A new issue of Clean Eating magazine to peruse
- Finding out that we have officially paid off half our minivan … and that we may be able to cut our vehicle payments if we traded Constance in for a smaller SUV. Okay, so that one is bittersweet…can’t decide….
- Beautiful, gorgeous weather the past few days, above freezing and full of sunshiny goodness
- That “huge burst of awesome” I mentioned … but far too many details to be hammered out, so I’m not blogging it yet
- Saving on half a month’s worth of childcare costs, during a time that we are definitely feeling the financial pinch (thank you to my fabulous family!)
- Getting to sleep in an extra 45 minutes for 3 days this week, although now I am spoiled for next week and onwards!
- Listening to Leith and the bugz argue about whether the deer in our yard are Bambis or reindeer LOL!
Welcome to winter!! We were so lucky to be stuck in Edmonton last night at my parent’s house while our first big storm of the winter hit the area. Leith made it home safely, thanks to a huge work truck with massive winter tires and 4-wheel drive. Constance barely made it from the dance studio to my parent’s house, even with winter tires! _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Last night, I dreamt that I was leaving for Vegas tomorrow afternoon! Given the -32 degree windchill this morning, I was rather disappointed to wake up and return to reality. Thus, in true Pollyanna style, I am going to sit and ponder all the goodness on this Monday morning to soothe my vacation-less soul
- C-boo has taken it upon herself to be the Sweeper of Ashes around our wood stove this morning! Granted, she is really just walking through all the ash and tracking it everywhere, but any time my kids show an inclination towards cleaning my house, I am ALL over it!
- Finding out that my buddy Erik has a blog and has been holding out on us for 2 months! I spent this morning reading his awesome posts
- Hot coffee in our NEW, FREE coffee maker! That’s right! No more elastic-band coffee pot for us I cashed in my AirMiles for a stainless steel Cuisinart 14-cup model! Oh sweet sweetness!
- Pretty, fluffy snow outside, and a cozy garage to park Constance in!
- Playing at Mimi’s 2nd birthday party on Sunday, courtesy of Sportball birthday parties!! So much fun for kids AND parents
- Cupcakes. That is all
- Oh, this glorious furnace. Sweet, beautiful, glorious furnace.
- Kit-kat has learned to undulate her abs. Hilarious!
- Cuddling with my bugz in the morning.
- A less-than-chaotic trip to Costco on a Sunday afternoon. We were visiting my in-laws in the east end of the city, so we decided to shop at the Sherwood Park Costco. Blissful! Peaceful!
- My friend Dawn asked if we could help her with some print media her company is assembling for young readers, so I dug through my stacks of photographs looking for pictures of my girls reading. I have so very few! I found a few and took another to help out:
- Oh, the sweet thrill of seeing Part One of the last Harry Potter movie on Thursday night! I purchased my tickets 2 weeks in advance and went with Krista and Erin. It did not disappoint – this film was definitely made for the fans!
- Burlesque opens this weekend, which means a date night with friends! Yaaaa!
Outside my window … snow, snow and more snow and -25 degrees with the windchill. Ugh. Does someone want to bring their quad over and snowplough our driveway? _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Outside my window … clear blue skies with a hint of pink peeking through the trees, and frost of the ground. _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
Outside my window … the deep dark of a winter night, snow half-melted on the ground, lots of mud and well…the start of a long season_uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
I am thinking … about what to do tomorrow with my girls, as well as what needs to be done tomorrow!
I am celebrating … a bank account that allowed me to buy almost all organic and clean groceries tonight It’s been awhile since I’ve shopped with a bit of abandon, and it felt nice to fill my cupboards with good food
I am hoping … that Sherrie’s PVR tapes Glee tonight!! A new guilty pleasure for me, and they are doing Rocky Horror Picture Show for Halloween – I watched it when I was only 11 and was obsessed with the soundtrack. I still can’t believe my dad let me watch it!!
I am hearing … the whir of the ceiling fan, the crackle of the wood stove, and the faint snores from the bedrooms down the hall.
I am going … to be the guest speaker for the South West Mommy Connections group on Thursday!! I am so honoured that they asked me to come and speak about postnatal fitness – yay for H.A.W.T. Momma, and thanks to Carol for thinking of me
Around the house and yard … mud and snow! I ordered a new garage door opener to be picked up on Saturday so that I can park Constance in our newly insulated garage for the winter (thanks to Leith!). I also need to get into my garden a shake out the plants that died but weren’t pulled up, due mostly to my laziness after the frost Ah well, learn for next year!
One of my favourite things … naps with my bugz in the afternoon. I am still lucky – a few days a week, I am caught up enough to lay down with the girls for their nap. I absolutely love their little warm bodies curled up against mine, fast asleep. It completes my entire life.
A few plans for the rest of the week … picking up Kelli’s maternity prints, getting on top of cleaning my kitchen, taking some dance classes, teaching some dance classes, a private prenatal training session and celebrating our 3rd Halloween with my bugz!!
A quote for today:
- the bugz, their sweet and sticky kisses, their words, their blonde curls, their crazy smiles and their warm cuddles
- that loving husband, even though he broke my coffee maker.
- checking my bank account and seeing that I just might have enough pennies for a new coffee maker
- family here and there
- health and happiness
- these four walls and the roof above, and the warmth inside, the clothes on our bodies and on our floors (I guess I am thankful for laundry?), and the shoes on our feet
- the way “everything works out eventually”
- open-mindedness and love of all
- old friends, new friends, repaired friends and best friends
- radio and the internetz
- good food and a clean refrigerator (a sudden compulsion the other night when I should have been making dinner!)
- blogs to read, to connect with across the miles, to open the heart and mind, to laugh with, to cry with, to love with
- freedom of expression
- that awesome minivan, driving me to those awesome dance classes, impacting those awesome lives
- turkey at my parents’ house
- movement. Breath. Life in pictures and sweat
- the beauty and stillness outside my windows every single day
- babywearing, or toddler-wearing now, and the extra cuddles and calmness it provides
- awesome networks, new relationships and budding opportunities!
- watching their creativity bloom as they play with each other
- little hands that play with my hair
- movie nights and popcorn, Disney princesses and stories to tell
_uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
In honour of casting off the shackles of perfection, I present you with my confessions: _uacct = “UA-4888259-1″;urchinTracker();
- We don’t have cable TV (or even country cable), but my kids watch too many movies. I monitor what they watch, but they’ve still watched the Little Mermaid three times today
- There are days on end that I don’t eat a single fruit or vegetable, unless grains count
- I am 15-20lbs overweight right now, and I should be on my own azz about it, but I can be so slovenly and lazy
- I nap too often, and I spend too much time on the computer
- I spank my kids
- I yell in front of them, and at them
- I lose my temper too much and swear WAY too much
- I tend to criticize people who are too much like me for me to comfortably admit
- I wish I was more focused and sometimes worry that I’m a little bit ADD
- I pretend to be far more perfect that I really am
- I give up too easily and avoid conflict too often
- I am selfish and sometimes forget to ask Leith what he needs and wants
- I forget to brush my kids’ teeth all the time. Days go by…
- I put their hair in ponytails because I’m too lazy to comb through the curly knots
- I have a really hard time admitting I am wrong, especially when I am embarrassed
- I’ll spend money on books that I could get from the library for free because I am a book snob and I like being the first to read something, even when we are so flat broke that my husband can’t go for a haircut
- On that note, I forget to budget for his sometimes-expenses like haircuts but not my own
- I let my ego identify with too many things when I should just “be”
- I am proud and stubborn to a fault, and it causes more problems than it’s worth
- Lately, I’ve been forgetting a lot about what I learned in therapy for controlling my temper and my reactions. I know better
- I stand up for things I believe in on my blog, but in real life I keep my opinions to myself because I can’t stand conflict
- I spend far too much time online and not nearly enough outdoors
- I drink too much wine when it’s available, and that bugs me because I won’t drink it if it’s not in the house, so why do I feel the need to drink it all when it is??
- The same goes for treats and junk food
- I say I hate everything that McDonald’s and Wal-Mart stand for, yet I still spend money there. I hate being a hypocrite and my actions say otherwise
- I say “no more kids” but the truth is that I’m just terrified of something worse happening to me if I got pregnant again. At the same time, I know that it’s just my anxiety and that everything would probably be fine
- “I wish” and “I do” fall very far apart in many areas of my life. I need to make my actions reflect my words
- I know a lot about health and nutrition, and yet my own diet and lifestyle say otherwise
- I am so lazy about feeding my kids! Yes, it’s all organic and unprocessed, but it can be very unbalanced too
- It IS hard some days. Other days, I exaggerate how hard it is
- Yes, I’ve peed in a swimming pool
- My minivan is a pit of garbage hell that I have tried to keep clean for a few months, but it’s threatening to creep up on me
- I always have dirty dishes in the sink and crumbs on the floor. I rarely vacuum my basement
- I’m a picker. I pick at everything.