What a week, what a whirlwind week! It felt like we did nothing and everything all at once. Leith has been out of town, and will be gone until the 29th. Unlike our usual solo-parenting stretches, this one has been surprisingly smooth. Let’s pray that it stays that way, and that I haven’t jinxed myself into a corner!!
216. Perfect weather for my first outdoor run of 2012
217. Movie time together, before he leaves again
218. New of brand-new baby arrivals!!!
219. Getting to the parkade kiosk one minute before the next 30-minute charge would have been applied
220. “Truffula trees” sprouting:
221. Successful new recipes
222. Talking to him before bed
223. Hugs and kisses after a frustrating day of feeling like the bad, angry mom
224. Sleeping so very soundly
225. Hour-long play baths, allowing this mama to have some me-time
226. Down time for all three of us; waking up happy!
227. Catching up with a long-lost friend
228. Hearing them pick out shapes in they see in the clouds: elephants, turtles, princess castles…
229. Leftovers for lunch…having more than enough food to fill our stomachs
230. Watching C-boo dance for me, spinning and twirling in the sunlight
231. Beautiful weather to walk to the mailbox; meeting some of our neighbours
232. Seeing the first fresh calves of the year!!
233. Late-night shopping trips with my bugz, buying seeds and starter trays. And yes, 7pm is “late night” in our house
234. 4 vases and blue stones from the dollar store to plant our tulips in…a special, surprising find!
235. Moments of feeling overwhelmingly blessed by the two smalls sleeping in my bed, tears of wonder streaming down my cheeks
236. Going for walks together in the brisk spring air, with Gracie and Petey tagging along!
237. Flowers planted indoors…and their excitement, waiting for spring!
238. Simple dinners on snowy spring days
239. Bath-time shrieks and giggles, sisters playing together
240. The way they collectively decide to come and apologize for being rude, and ask in unison if they could pleeeeease have a story??
241. Time to read (okay, devour!) a new novel
242. Winter tires, even if it’s officially spring
243. Walking to the mailbox together (can you tell I’ve been enjoying these daily walks??)
244. Excitement about Princess gardening gloves
245. Wifi access to buy new books to read!
246. Empty bowls and full bellies
247. Bedtime snacks of mangoes and almond milk
What blessings have you counted this week?